Are you planning to go on a trip to Uganda? Have you prepared your home so that it is secured while you are gone? In this post are a few tips to secure the safety of your home while you are gone. While you cannot do it alone, you will need help from your community and a little hand from technology.
Regardless of whether you are vacationing for 3 days or a whole month of vacation, you will need to be certain your house is protected and secure from criminal behavior such as break-ins, and home catastrophes while you’re away. If you need help installing some devices, you can hire local tradesmen from a trusted agency to do the job for you. Steer clear of needing to file a costly insurance claim after you come back. Follow these home safety guidelines from professionals in several sectors.
Home safety Ideas from Travel Gurus
As outlined by several travel professionals, it is very important to help make your house appear occupied even though you are not around.
- Ask the delivery man to put a hold on all your mail. This includes newspaper and other promotional brochures sent to your home. An overstuffed mailbox is a queue for robbers that no one is around.
- Offer your driveway for parking to your neighbor or to the closest relative in the block. They won’t mind parking occasionally in your driveway until you return.
- Installing timers on the lights surrounding your home will make it appear that someone is home. Check out your local hardware for any of these devices.
- It helps to hire a company to lawn the yard while you are gone. And if you are away on a winter time, you can always hire help to shovel snow from your doorstep.
- If you expect to be gone longer than 2 days, it helps to ask a relative to watch over the place while you’re gone.
- Installing a CCTV and burglar alarm also helps. Make sure that the burglar alarm is set to call the authorities when triggered.
Vacationing is a good thing. You can better enjoy your vacation when you know everything is alright at home.